ICBC Drivers Abstract Online
What is an ICBC Drivers Abstract? It’s simply your driving record
Kind of like your report card for driving. It shows:
- The date your driver’s license was first issued
- Driving tickets you have received in the last 5 years
- Any driving offenses you’ve received in the last 5 years
To get your ICBC driving records
To get your ICBC driver’s abstract, simply head over to the ICBC website, and enter your driver’s license number and name, ICBC keyword, date of issue, and card serial number (on the back of your driver’s license). Then enter where you’d like the records to be emailed. You can have them emailed to yourself and/or directly to another email address of your choice (such as an employer). Within minutes, the email will arrive. Related: British Columbia Driver’s License & Vehicle Guide.
COVID-19 Update for ICBC Drivers Abstract Online
ICBC is currently only accepting requests for abstracts online. If you need to reset your ICBC keyword, call 1-800-950-1498.
Get Your ICBC Drivers Abstract Online
You can get 3 types of records:
- Driver’s abstract
- Insurance and claims history record
- Commercial vehicle driving record (National Safety Code abstract) for your employer
You can also get your ICBC Driver Factor Number, which is a new metric for ICBC to measure your risk as a driver. You will need your driver’s license number to request your ICBC abstract. After requesting your records, you’ll receive them by email.
Check your spam or junk folder if you don’t see your email.
Sample ICBC Drivers Abstract
ICBC Abstract, Driving Record Types
1. Driving Record / Driver’s Abstract
You can get the regular driver’s abstract, which shows when your license was first issued, and any tickets and/or offenses from the last 5 years. You might need your driver’s ICBC abstract if you:
- Move away from BC to another province or country
- Need to become a member of a car-sharing company, such as Evo or Modo
- Need to become a volunteer for school activities such as field trips
- *This is a public record of your basic driving history for the last 5 years
2. Insurance And Claims History Record
You can get your claims history record. It shows:
- Your insurance coverage history
- Your claims history for up to the last 20 years
You may need this ICBC Insurance and Claims History Record if you’re moving away from beautiful British Columbia. You will likely need it when you go to get insurance in your new place of residence.
3. Commercial Driving Record / National Safety Code Abstract
You may need a National Safety Code abstract if you’re applying for employment. This is a record of your driving history. In addition, it shows commercial vehicle-related convictions from the last 5 years.
Send your ICBC Abstract Directly To Your Employer
ICBC can mail or email your records to another organization of your choice. Prepare your driver’s license number when you call. Office hours are 8 am – 5 pm
B.C., Canada and the U.S.
Fleet Requests For NSC Abstracts
Fleet operators can request NSC abstracts. You can use the National Safety Code Abstract Request form. Send or fax the completed form to:
ICBC Licensing Support Services
Box 3750 910 Government Street
Victoria BC V8W 3Y5