This ‘Phantom Lane’ has been bothering me
Okay, the thing is, maybe it’s just me but there’s a FAKE LANE on Canada Way at 10th and I just have to tell someone about it since it’s not good to keep things inside. I’ve seen a lot of ‘almost accidents’ here, at ‘the Triangle.’
It seems like drivers thinking about turning right on a red light, beside the petrol station here, seems to think there is a magical ‘right lane’ for them to turn into. That is probably because, from their perspective, it kind of looks like there is. In fact, there is a very mysterious and mischievous triangular space acting like a right lane. But don’t be fooled. This is just a FAKE LANE. Don’t do it!
I don’t know what you want to call it. A fake lane. Phantom lane. Or simply an optical illusion. But please use caution here as it seems to be a small problem at times. Drive safely!
- Intersections in British Columbia – Driver’s Guide
- Scan Intersections Before Driving Through [How & Why]
- Four Way Stop Intersection: Comprehensive Guide for Drivers
- Carmen became a driving instructor in beautiful North Vancouver at the age of 22 due to some crazy people who agreed to hire her. After that, there was never a dull moment teaching many different folks from many different places how to drive using automatic and standard vehicles and a minivan.
- September 5, 2023Driving SkillsSchool Zones in British Columbia – Driver’s Guide 
- July 24, 2023Signs, Lines and Traffic LightsRoad Signs Of Canada Decoded: Navigate Like a Pro in 2023
- July 17, 2023Driving Skills4-Way Stop Intersection – The Complete Guide For Drivers
- July 17, 2023BC IntersectionsCaulfield Exit 4-Way-Stop Intersection West Vancouver