Q: Right-of-Way at Amber Traffic Light Intersection
Yellow Lights & Left Turns & Right Turns Question: Right of way in an intersection question. If car A is in an intersection turning left and car B is turning right coming from the opposite direction, and the light turns amber, car B has…
How to do Right Turn Shoulder Checks
Thank you to Eric L. for this article! Eric L. has been a driving instructor in North Vancouver for many years. He can be found at the North Shore Driving School. With ever increasing cyclist and pedestrian traffic on public roads, knowing when and where to…
New Drivers: Thoughts on the Speed of Your Right Turn
Q: FOR STOPPED TURN: I have gone through three different driving instructors. And they all have different methods of turning right. -I kept my car straight with 1 meter away from the curb, and I turned when my bumper reached the intersection, but I was…
Q: Why are we allowed to turn right on a red light but not left? (2-way streets)
Why, why, Why! Probably because when you turn right you only have to yield to one lane (one direction) of vehicles and when you turn left you would have to yield to both directions. And if the intersection were such a size, shape, design, or…
Q: When can I go into the Bus Lane before a Right Turn?
Pay careful attention to signs and pavement markings. Since it’s illegal to change lanes over a solid white line, make sure the line is dotted before you move. I’m not sure there’s a cut-and-dry answer for this. Do it sometime when it is safe, not…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Is It Illegal to Drive with High Beams?
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?