Is It Illegal To Drive With One Hand On The Wheel?
No, it’s not illegal to drive with only one hand on the wheel, at least not in beautiful British Columbia as there is no law written against it.
However, of course, two is better to control the car with. And it’s good to know that ICBC will fail drivers for driving with only one hand on the wheel, even if the rest of their driving is absolutely perfect. So that says something about what ICBC thinks about it, I suppose.
The only time drivers are allowed to use only one hand (and that would be the left hand) on the wheel on the ICBC road test is when they are backing up in a straight line. That’s it.
- Carmen became a driving instructor in beautiful North Vancouver at the age of 22 due to some crazy people who agreed to hire her. After that, there was never a dull moment teaching many different folks from many different places how to drive using automatic and standard vehicles and a minivan.
- September 5, 2023Driving SkillsSchool Zones in British Columbia – Driver’s Guide 
- July 24, 2023Signs, Lines and Traffic LightsRoad Signs Of Canada Decoded: Navigate Like a Pro in 2023
- July 17, 2023Driving Skills4-Way Stop Intersection – The Complete Guide For Drivers
- July 17, 2023BC IntersectionsCaulfield Exit 4-Way-Stop Intersection West Vancouver