What Are ICBC Vehicle History Reports?
If you’re considering buying a used, or pre-owned vehicle, ICBC vehicle history reports can help you to make a good decision and find out a little bit about the history of the vehicle.
You can get two kinds of vehicle history reports, and you can order them online:
The difference between these is basically that the ICBC Vehicle History Reports show you claims information from British Columbia only, and the CARFAX Canada reports provide claims information from across North America.
The ICBC Vehicle History Report will show you:
- Any vehicle damages that were claimed through ICBC
- The date and dollar amounts of any damages
- The primary area on the vehicle where the damage occurred
- The vehicle status – normal, salvage, rebuilt, etc.
- If the vehicle was imported to BC from another place
- If the vehicle was possibly reported as stolen
- Any restrictions that could prevent licensing and insuring the vehicle
- If a safety inspection may be required
- Claims for any extra items such as expensive stereos or wheels
The CARFAX report will show you all of the above items, the same as the ICBC Vehicle History Report, but also shows you the following:
- Whether there is a Canadian lien
- Canadian registration check
- Any accident claims from Canada’s private insurers
- A complete U.S. history
- Odometer records from verified sources
- Records from Canada’s Registrar of Imported Vehicles
Call for Your ICBC Vehicle History Report
Read more: What is Defensive Driving? 13 Rock Solid Strategies & Tips
- Carmen became a driving instructor in beautiful North Vancouver at the age of 22 due to some crazy people who agreed to hire her. After that, there was never a dull moment teaching many different folks from many different places how to drive using automatic and standard vehicles and a minivan.
- September 5, 2023Driving SkillsSchool Zones in British Columbia – Driver’s Guide 
- July 24, 2023Signs, Lines and Traffic LightsRoad Signs Of Canada Decoded: Navigate Like a Pro in 2023
- July 17, 2023Driving Skills4-Way Stop Intersection – The Complete Guide For Drivers
- July 17, 2023BC IntersectionsCaulfield Exit 4-Way-Stop Intersection West Vancouver