- 1 Your Driving Record
- 2 COVID-19 Update for ICBC Abstract
- 3 Get Your ICBC Abstract Online
- 4 ICBC Abstract, Driving Record Types
- 5 Driving record / driver’s abstract
- 6 Insurance And Claims History Record
- 7 Commercial Driving Record / National Safety Code Abstract
- 8 Send your ICBC Abstract To Your Employer
- 9 Fleet Requests For NSC Abstracts
Your Driving Record
What is an ICBC Abstract? It’s simply your driving record. It shows:
- the date your drivers license was first issued
- driving tickets you have received in the last 5 years
- any driving offenses you’ve received in the last 5 years
COVID-19 Update for ICBC Abstract
ICBC is currently only accepting requests for abstracts online. If you need to reset your ICBC keyword, call 1-800-950-1498.
You can get 3 types of records:
- driver’s abstract
- insurance and claims history record
- commercial vehicle driving record (National Safety Code abstract) for your employer
You will need your drivers license number to request your ICBC abstract. After requesting your records, you’ll receive them by email.
Check your spam or junk folder if you don’t see your email.
ICBC Abstract, Driving Record Types
Driving record / driver’s abstract
You might need your driver’s ICBC abstract if you
- move away from BC to another province or country
- need to become a member of a car-sharing company
- need to become a volunteer for school activities such as field trips
- *this is a public record of your basic driving history for the last 5 years
Insurance And Claims History Record
You can get your claims history record. It shows:
- your insurance coverage history
- your claims history for up to the last 20 years
You may need this if you’re moving away from BC. You will likely need it when you go to get insurance in your new place of residence.
Commercial Driving Record / National Safety Code Abstract
You may need a National Safety Code abstract if you’re applying for employment. This is a record of your driving history. In addition, it shows commercial vehicle-related convictions from the last 5 years.
Send your ICBC Abstract To Your Employer
ICBC can mail or email your records to another organization of your choice. Prepare your driver’s license number when you call. Office hours are 8 am – 5 pm
B.C., Canada and the U.S.
Fleet Requests For NSC Abstracts
Fleet operators can request NSC abstracts. You can use the National Safety Code Abstract Request form. Send or fax the completed form to:
ICBC Licensing Support Services
Box 3750 910 Government Street
Victoria BC V8W 3Y5
Road Lines British Columbia – brush up on your road lines knowledge
ICBC Road Test – endless tips for new drivers