New Driver Question: Left Turn at Busy Intersection
Comment: Hi, I was in a situation during my road test in which I had to turn left at a 4-way intersection with lights across a two-lane road. I slightly entered the intersection because I had a green light, but had to yield to the…
Left Turns – Boulevard / Divided Road Video Demo [Boundary Road]
Sorry! This is under construction.
Q: How many cars can wait in an intersection for left turns?
Good question. The answer is: well, it depends on the size of the intersection and the size of the vehicles. Basic Turning Left Concepts If you enter an intersection when a light is green, then you’re allowed to leave the intersection when…
Driving Right-of-Way Basics: Left Turn at Green Light (Video Demo)
When you turn left at a green light, you must yield to pedestrians and oncoming traffic. In this video example: Pedestrians should go first Right turns must yield to pedestrians Left turns must yield to right turns You may exit the intersection on a yellow…
In General Generally speaking, left turns must yield to right turns, and left turns must yield to conflicting traffic that is travelling straight ahead. Why? When you turn right, frequently you’re just turning across a pedestrian crosswalk or pedestrian/bicycle area. When you turn left, you’re…
Fun with Traffic Sensors & Left Turning Lanes
Many left turn lanes in Vancouver are quite long and are equipped with 2 sets of traffic sensors. This means if there’s only 1 car waiting in the left turn lane when the light is red, then the car will not get the advanced…
Driving At 2 Way Stops: Why Do I Have to Stop Behind the White Line?
Legally we must completely stop with the front of the vehicle behind the white line. But why? One of the reasons is pedestrians. Since – generally speaking – every intersection is a legal crosswalk, drivers must stop completely and look both ways for…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Q: Signalling in a Parking Lot
- Lane Changing Tips
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?