Report a Pot-Hole or Issue

This post was  inspired by this traffic light in Vancouver on Victoria Drive & 37th

IMG_3006 copy
  • Save

When you see something is wrong, you can call the city (when you are parked) and tell them so they can fix it.

City of Vancouver

Call 311

  • Boundary Road Traffic Signal Repair call 604-871-6200

City of Victoria

City of Burnaby

To report a traffic signal in need of repair, or if you want to make an inquiry

you can contact us during regular office hours (8:00 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday to Friday) 

604-294-7460 or by email at

For emergencies outside of office hours

please call Engineering Emergency Dispatch at 604-294-7200.

City of Coquitlam 

  • If you spot any problems with a traffic signal, it should be reported right away to Engineering Customer Service at 604-927-3500. Problems include lights burnt out, damage or vandalism, flashing red in all directions, trees or other obstacles blocking a clear view of the signal.
  • Please Note – The Engineering and Public Works email address is only monitored during regular business hours (Monday to Friday:  8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).If this matter is urgent, please call our Engineering and Public Works Customer Service line at 604-927-3500 (24 Hours / 7 Days a Week).Engineering Customer Service Email:

City of Port Coquitlam

Bear/Dangerous Wildlife Sighting
Conservation Officer Service
1.877.952.RAPP (7277)

Broken Watermain
Port Coquitlam Operations Centre
604.927.5480 or 604.927.5488
(also good for any road or sewer emergency within the City of Port Coquitlam)
Afterhours Emergency 604.543.6700

Downed Electrical Wires
BC Hydro 1.888.769.3766

City of Port Moody

Damaged sidewalk or curb 604.469.4574

Damaged street signs 604.469.4574

Damaged traffic lights or signals 604.469.4618

Street lights out 604.469.4574

City of Maple Ridge

Reporting Issues
Report any traffic light issues for City-maintained lights to the Operations Centre at 604-463-9581. Issues with the ones maintained by the Ministry of Transportation and Highways can be reported to 604-660-8300. 

City of Richmond

City of Richmond

You may use our online form to report a problem or request a service, or alternatively please call these number for assistance:

  • Main Switchboard 604-276-4000
  • Graffiti Hotline 604-233-3307
  • Public Works 24 Hour Call Centre –604-244-1262 to report:
    • Potholes, cracks, and other problems with street surfaces, sidewalks, and curbs;
    • Missing or damaged signs on City property;
    • Missing, damaged or blocked traffic signs;
    • Watermain leaks or water quality (dirty water);
    • Burned out street lights or damaged light poles.


Street Lighting & Traffic Signals

t: 604-946-3260 (regular office hours)
604-946-4411 (after office hours and holidays)

Street Sweeping/Potholes

t: 604-946-3260

Trouble Calls After 4:45 pm & Holidays

t: 604-946-4411


Report a non-emergency problem by submitting your Service Request online by using the graphic below.

Download the Surrey Request App to submit your request on your smartphone or tablet.

Report Emergency Issues by calling 604-591-4152.

For missing stop signs or broken traffic signals, call 604-591-4338.

Track your service request status and see the progress. – See more at: SURREY


  • During normal business hours Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, call 604.532.7300
  • After normal business hours, on weekends, and on statutory holidays, call 604.543.6700

North Vancouver City

Engineering Emergency Services
Tel: 604-988-2212 (after 5:00pm and Holidays)

North Vancouver City Hall Reception: 604-985-7761

District of North Vancouver

For after hours emergencies (4:30pm to 8:00am) please call 604-990-3666

This includes any issue that requires a work crew’s attention outside of regular hours, such as:

  • water or sewer main breaks
  • dangerous debris or fallen trees on a street
  • damaging potholes


Phone: 604-990-2311

West Vancouver


Pitt Meadows

Lougheed Highway 

The Lougheed Highway is maintained by the Province of BC.  Concerns relating to traffic signals, potholes, road issues etc. on Lougheed Hwy, should be directed to Mainroad Contracting by calling 604.271.0337.  This number is available 24 hours a day.  For more information, visit the Mainroad website.

Road Condition Complaints

Do you have any questions or concerns about potholes, dust on gravel roads, debris on roads, or icy conditions? Contact the Public Works Department Monday through Friday by calling 604.465.2434 or for 24 hour Emergency Service 604.465.2465.

Mainroad 24 hour hotline

We encourage the public to report changing road conditions or emergency situations to Mainroad’s 24 hour hotline.  There is a hotline designated for the following service areas. These hotlines are not a substitute for 911. If you encounter a road situation that requires the attention of police, fire or ambulance, please call 911 first.

Lower Mainland
  • Save
Howe Sound | Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park Causeway; TransCanada Highway #1 from Vancouver; just east of the Cassiar Tunnel to Horseshoe Bay; Highway 99 from Function Junction to Duffy Lake; and on support roads around Pemberton and Mount Currie.
  • Save
**Note: Sea to Sky Highway and Golden Ears Bridge is maintained by Miller Capilano.
  • Save
Port Mann / Highway 1 Project
TransCanada Highway 1 between First Ave and 216th St.
  • Save
**Note: Fraser Valley beyond 264th is maintained by Emil Anderson.
  • Save
South Fraser Perimeter Road
Highway 17 between Tsawwassen and 176th Street
  • Save
South Vancouver Island
  • Save
East Kootenays
  • Save



City of New Westminster

  • Reporting of Outages or Non-functioning Traffic Signals etc.

    Electrical outages may occur as a result of motor vehicle accidents, severe weather, or equipment failure. If you are experiencing a fluctuation or cessation of electrical supply, reporting traffic signal malfunction, wires down or any other electrical emergency during regular business hours (Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm), please cal 604-515-3750.

    If calling outside regular business hours (evenings and weekends), call 604-526-8875 (BC Hydro Emergency Dispatch).

    For non-emergency reports including street light outages, please call 604-515-3750 or 604-527-4528 during regular business hours (Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm).


Carmen Cohoe

Carmen became a driving instructor in beautiful North Vancouver at the age of 22 due to some crazy people who agreed to hire her. After that, there was never a dull moment teaching many different folks from many different places how to drive using automatic and standard vehicles and a minivan.

Share via
Copy link