It is illegal to park the car:
- where the curb is painted yellow
- on the ‘wrong’ side of the road i.e. against traffic direction
- where your vehicle obstructs the view of a stop sign or other traffic sign
- on a bridge
- in a highway tunnel
- in a bike lane
- within 15 meters of a railway crossing
- within 6 meters of a stop sign
- within 6 meters of a traffic light
- within 6 meters of a crosswalk
- within 6 meters of an intersection
- within 5 meters of a fire hydrant
- across the entrance to a driveway
- across the entrance to a back lane
- across the entrance to an intersection
- on a sidewalk
- on a boulevard
- where a traffic sign prohibits parking
- *when parking parallel, make sure your vehicle is within 30 cm (1 foot) of the curb.
Use common sense and be sure to park where it is safe and legal, and where you are not blocking traffic.
** These rules may vary according to municipal by-laws.
Hey, I’m Carmen, a being from Earth who has loved cars & driving for many moons. I became an ICBC GLP (graduated licensing program) driving instructor at the age of 22 in North Vancouver, Canada. The beautiful ‘North Shore’ was such a dream location. I’ve been working on this here website since 2012 when I created it.