‘Hidden’ Stop Signs?
- All drivers – new drivers especially – should be aware that stop signs can “hide” behind trucks as well as overgrown bushes/shrubs.
- Keep your eyes constantly moving when driving and look for clues that there’s an intersection.
- If you’re not sure if you have a stop sign (or a pedestrian) or not, it is better to be safe than sorry; go slow enough to check it out.
- If you can see the back of another stop sign, then there is a 99% chance that you will be facing a stop sign too (my own personal calculation)
- Pay attention to the shapes of signs. Signs of this shape will never say anything else other than “STOP.” It is illegal for vehicles to park where they are obstructing the view of a sign, but it may happen anyway.
- What else could be hiding behind the truck?
- Carmen became a driving instructor in beautiful North Vancouver at the age of 22 due to some crazy people who agreed to hire her. After that, there was never a dull moment teaching many different folks from many different places how to drive using automatic and standard vehicles and a minivan.
- September 5, 2023Driving SkillsSchool Zones in British Columbia – Driver’s Guide 
- July 24, 2023Signs, Lines and Traffic LightsRoad Signs Of Canada Decoded: Navigate Like a Pro in 2023
- July 17, 2023Driving Skills4-Way Stop Intersection – The Complete Guide For Drivers
- July 17, 2023BC IntersectionsCaulfield Exit 4-Way-Stop Intersection West Vancouver