Because, Why Leave Home?
You don’t really need to actually drive anywhere in real life, do you? Anyone else getting tired of Covid? Instead of staring at the wall, or reading about boring intersections, why not try a fun and exciting defensive driving online course?
Here is a somewhat random collection of online defensive driving courses, or well, some kind of driving courses, that you can start right now, on your couch, in your pajamas, wearing only one sock.
Find A Defensive Driving Online Course
This course is aimed at parents who have teens that are about to start learning how to drive. Parents can get help with teaching their teen about the following.
- Parallel parking, parking in a stall, maneuvering in tight spaces without damaging the vehicle
- Minimize parent/teen conflicts
- Setting expectations
- Verify critical skills
- Decision and reaction times and stopping distances
- Teen learning language
- Common traffic situations videos
- Become a more responsible driver
- All you need is the time and a willingness to learn
- Approved by the Tennessee Department of Safety
- If you have been court ordered by a judge or have been state mandated to take a risk reduction course, this is the course for you.
- If your insurance carrier offers a discount on your insurance for a traffic safety course, this is the course for you.
Truck Driving – An Introduction to Professional Trucking – What You Should Know Before You Go to Truck Driving School
- What a career as a professional truck driver entails
- Minimum qualifications to get started
- Skills and abilities
- Common mistakes
- Common myths and misconceptions
- Helps you decide whether a career in trucking is right for you
- Learn about what entry level truck drivers have to deal with when starting out
- Become a better driver than 99% of people
- Advanced driving tips
- Gain confidence
- Learn what to do, and what NOT to do, for each maneuver
- Avoid the little mistakes that can add up
- Avoid the major mistakes that will make you fail automatically
- Good driving habits that increase your chances of passing
Be confident and calm while you have an adventure!
- Overcome driving anxiety
- Feel in control
- How to self-talk your way to confidence
- Be able to have a fun adventure without stress
- Drive your family or friends to wonderful places where you’d get to spend time and create memories
- Quickly become fluent on a standard stick shift vehicle
- Basic driving experience and a drivers license is helpful
- Understand how stress affects driving
- Recognize how you create stress in your head
- Know how to eliminate that stress
- Understand how your body can create stress
- Know how to make your body work in favor of your stress levels
- How to deal with stress during your driving test
Avoid costly dents, increase parking options & become a more confident driver with or without a trailer.
- Reduce the risk of costly dents and panel damage to your car, van or light truck
- Perform difficult manoeuvres in a car much more quickly and safely
- Reverse using a trailer
- Set your vehicle up correctly to minimize blind spots
- Reduce fuel burnt doing manoeuvres unsuccessfully
- Reduce insurance claims, leading to lower premiums
Learn skills and tips from an expert off road driving instructor in Alaska; adventure in your 4×4, SUV, truck, etc.
- Tips and info to improve off-road driving skills
- Introduction and demonstration to rescue and recovery, differences between stock and modified vehicles, “old school” and “new school” modifications, mud, water, and river crossings, steep mountainsides, and common mistakes and troubleshooting
- The course will excite and inspire participants to improve their off-road driving with action footage in the Alaska back-country.
- By the end of this course you will be able to overcome and remove your fear of driving
- Helpful for people who have had a past incident
- Using a variety of NLP and self hypnosis techniques
- You will feel more confident behind the wheel and remove nervousness while driving a car
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a psychological approach that involves analyzing strategies used by successful individuals and applying them to reach a personal goal. It relates thoughts, language, and patterns of behavior learned through experience to specific outcomes.GoodTherapy
- Overcome your driving anxiety using cognitive-behavioural therapy
- Understand anxiety and how to master it
- Learn how to use cognitive-behavioural therapy
Just for fun…
Learn to use Deep Learning, Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques to Build an Autonomous Car with Python
- Learn Computer Vision and Deep Learning techniques to build automotive-related algorithms
- Understand, build and train Convolutional Neural Networks with Keras
- Simulate a fully functional Self-Driving Car with Convolutional Neural Networks and Computer Vision
- Train a Deep Learning Model that can identify between 43 different Traffic Signs
- Learn to use essential Computer Vision techniques to identify lane lines on a road
- Learn to build and train powerful Neural Networks with Keras
- Understand Neural Networks at the most fundamental perceptron-based level
Find A Canadian Defensive Driving Online Course
Canada Safety Council has partnered with Stantec to offer the following variety of defensive driving online courses. Your certificate will be available immediately after completing a course.
Stantec is based in Ottawa, Ontario. It’s a group of instructional designers, adult educators, technical writers, and project managers.
They have experience developing quality training materials and providing technical communication services for many clients in many sectors.
Our on-demand eLearning courses have been designed by our instructional designers, who work with subject-matter experts to make sure the course content is accurate, effective, and well designed.https://solutions.ca/about.html
A basic defensive driving online course
- The fundamentals of driving a vehicle,
- Introduces learners to the techniques necessary to drive defensively
- Based on the material taught in the Canada Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course,
- Intended for experienced drivers looking for a refresher, beginners wanting an introduction to the rules of the road, and everyone in between.
Green Defensive Driving Online Course
Green Defensive Driving Course – $94.95 – 4 Hours
- Prevent collisions
- Reflect on their current driving habits
- Driving defensively
- Driver attitude
- How to properly maintain a vehicle
- How to drive in different weather conditions
- How to reduce the environmental impact of driving
ecoDriving Online – Free – 25 min
- Save on fuel and vehicle maintenance costs
- Save up to 25% in fuel costs
- That can add up to a $2,500 savings over five years
- Designed for new and experienced drivers
Professional Defensive Driving Online Course
Professional Driver Improvement Online – $94.95 – 3 Hours
- Driving defensively to prevent collisions in spite of the actions of others
- How to adapt a positive attitude
- Vehicle care and inspections
- Sharing the road
- Winter driving
- Well-suited for fleets and companies
- Reduce collisions and costs associated with fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance
- Designed for professional drivers
- Based on the Canada Safety Council’s Professional Driver Improvement Course
Back Road Defensive Driving Online Course
Back Roads and Trail Driving – $24.95 – 45 min
- Techniques for safely driving on back roads, trails, and off-road terrain
- How to cross gravel, dirt, sand, snow, mud, water, and hills
- How to attach and pull trailers in those environments
- Designed for experienced drivers
Carmen C. is the founder of DrivingInstructorBlog.com After becoming an ICBC-GLP (Graduated Licensing Program) driving instructor at the age of 22, she worked for about 8 years teaching driving lessons in beautiful North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
In 2012 she decided to pour her knowledge into a website and share this information with the world! 🌎 She no longer teaches, but enjoys writing and maintaining this blog, creating abstract art when inspired, and photography.