Driving Signs You Should Know: The End of the Road Checkers!
This is the “End of the Road” sign. There is no more road here! Notice how it’s eerily similar in design to the checkered flag indicating the end of a car race. Just something I noticed one day while day dreaming.
How to Park Your Car on a Hill Safely
Overview When you park on a hill, be sure to turn your wheels so that the car would roll away from the road, and not into traffic, in the case of mechanical failure. Dry steering Avoid dry steering – steering while the vehicle is completely stopped…
What You Must Know About Unmarked Crosswalks
Generally, any intersection is a legal place to cross the road. This is called an unmarked crosswalk. If there are pedestrians waiting at an intersection like this one, vehicle traffic is required to yield. Be sure to stop your vehicle well before the…
BC Road Sign Colours and their Meanings
The colours of road signs have very specific meanings: White and black signs are regulation signs. This means if you disregard what is on the sign, you’re breaking the law. A sign with a Yellow background is a warning, caution, or recommended speed sign. …
HELP! There’s a Bus/Truck In Front of Me… And I Can’t See The Traffic Light!
Can’t see the traffic light? You know there’s an intersection… but where is the traffic light? I’ve heard this before. Unfortunately I’ve also heard of people driving right though red lights following a truck / bus for this very reason. …
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?