Q: When can I go into the Bus Lane before a Right Turn?
Pay careful attention to signs and pavement markings. Since it’s illegal to change lanes over a solid white line, make sure the line is dotted before you move. I’m not sure there’s a cut-and-dry answer for this. Do it sometime when it is safe, not…
8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
Right Turns Video Demonstration Thing #1: Know Who You Are Yielding To In theory, when you are turning right on a green light, the only people you normally need to yield to are pedestrians and cyclists. Of course, you may need to yield to someone…
Q: Who has the Right of Way on Right Turns: Cyclists/Bikes, Pedestrians, or Cars?
First of all let’s get one thing straight: No one has the right-of-way until someone else has given it. Thinking “I have the right of way” often leads to disaster when others who are supposed to yield, don’t. So, think of it in terms of…
In General Generally speaking, left turns must yield to right turns, and left turns must yield to conflicting traffic that is travelling straight ahead. Why? When you turn right, frequently you’re just turning across a pedestrian crosswalk or pedestrian/bicycle area. When you turn left, you’re…
Epic Guide To Turning Right on a Red Light When Driving
Question: Say I’m coming to a intersection and making a right turn on red. After stopping at the stop line can I slowly start to creep forward? Can I slowly start to turn the car to the right? Or must I stay behind the stop…
Driving At 2 Way Stops: Why Do I Have to Stop Behind the White Line?
Legally we must completely stop with the front of the vehicle behind the white line. But why? One of the reasons is pedestrians. Since – generally speaking – every intersection is a legal crosswalk, drivers must stop completely and look both ways for…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?