Video: I’m Afraid of Stopping for Pedestrians
Just a Friday confession: I’m afraid of stopping for pedestrians on multi-lane roads. Not sure what to do about it since not stopping for them isn’t really the solution. New safer formula for pedestrians crossing: 1) Slow down and stop 2) See which other cars aren’t…
Q: When can you turn after waiting for Pedestrians?
Q: When a pedestrian is crossing do you have to wait for them to cross all the way to the other side before you proceed? Great question! It seems to me that different people have different opinions about this subject, and since there is no…
How to do Right Turn Shoulder Checks
Thank you to Eric L. for this article! Eric L. has been a driving instructor in North Vancouver for many years. He can be found at the North Shore Driving School. With ever increasing cyclist and pedestrian traffic on public roads, knowing when and where to…
Question on blocking pedestrian crosswalks
Question : I have a question about crosswalks which have no traffic lights and where you are trying to turn on to a busier road. I know that I should stop before the crosswalk and wait for pedestrians to clear. Once they clear, I can…
Q: Who has the Right of Way on Right Turns: Cyclists/Bikes, Pedestrians, or Cars?
First of all let’s get one thing straight: No one has the right-of-way until someone else has given it. Thinking “I have the right of way” often leads to disaster when others who are supposed to yield, don’t. So, think of it in terms of…
How To Tell If The Traffic Light Will Change To Yellow Soon When Driving
Fresh Green Traffic Light A Fresh light is a green light you know for sure is going to stay green. The only way to be 100% certain is to see the pedestrian “Walk” signal advising the pedestrians that they may start walking across the…
What You Must Know About Unmarked Crosswalks
Generally, any intersection is a legal place to cross the road. This is called an unmarked crosswalk. If there are pedestrians waiting at an intersection like this one, vehicle traffic is required to yield. Be sure to stop your vehicle well before the…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?