Driving Tip: Always Use Your Headlights In Tunnels
Ever noticed the sign on the highway advising you to turn on your headlights thru the tunnel? This is not necessarily only so your lights may illuminate the road for you; although yes this is a very smart idea when driving anywhere your…
Difference Between ‘No Parking’ And ‘No Stopping’ Road Signs
No stopping means no stopping Opposite of a stop sign In other words… ‘KEEP IT MOVING’ No parking means do not park the car, turn it off, take the keys out and walk away ..but you could STOP your car to load/unload passengers…
Stopping Distances – Cars vs. Trucks
Trucks – especially loaded ones – can not and will not stop in the same distance that a car can; even if the driver wants to. Think about this before you cut off a truck. Trucks must be respected. Do not lane change in front…
Why Do We Yield to the Right – Not the Left – When Driving?
Why do we yield to the right and not the left? Why, Why, WHY!? For example, say you have a 4-way stop and these two vehicles stop at the same time, and both want to go straight. If we yield to…
Vehicle Colour and Collision Statistics
Did you know that the colour of your car could have an affect on your risk of a collision? Research has been varied and generally inconclusive and/or unavailable in Canada, but several common trends have been noted in different studies: Black Cars …
How To Tell If The Traffic Light Will Change To Yellow Soon When Driving
Fresh Green Traffic Light A Fresh light is a green light you know for sure is going to stay green. The only way to be 100% certain is to see the pedestrian “Walk” signal advising the pedestrians that they may start walking across the…
Before Driving – PLEASE – Walk Around Your Vehicle The Correct Way!
If you will be reversing Check behind your car beforehand. If you will be driving forwards Walk around the front of the vehicle. Make sure 4 tires are correctly inflated (not flat), the path between the tires…
The Ultimate Winter Road Trip Checklist for Your Winter Driving Adventures
Winter road trips can be challenging and unpredictable. Be prepared by following these tips: Tires – #1: use winter tires, 4 of them, and check the pressure (info on your door jamb). Even if it’s not snowing, winter tires offer better…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- Q: Signalling in a Parking Lot
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?