Q: If 4 cars stop at a 4-way stop at the same time, who goes first?
I don’t know!!!! The 4-way stop intersection does not exist in the motor vehicle act, so we must use our best judgment and be cautious and courteous at 4-way stops, as the rules for stop signs indicate that you not proceed until you know it…
Q: At 4-way-stops, do I have to Wait for the Other Car to Stop Before I can Go?
Question : I arrive first at the for way stop. There is another car in the opposite direction approaching the intersection. Do I have to wait for this car to arrive to the intersection and stop at the stop sign or should I go ahead…
Q: What should I do if I encounter a cyclist at a 4-way stop?
Answer: Treat him/her as a car, just like you would treat any other car at a 4-way stop. Cyclists are required to follow the road rules just as cars do. This means they could get a speeding ticket, and are required to stop at stop…
4 Way Stops
Three-way stops/Four-way stops/Five-way stops You can always tell a four-way stop from a two-way stop because the four-way stop has a small tab on the bottom of the sign. Otherwise, you can look at the backs of stop signs in place for other approaching drivers….
Why Do We Yield to the Right – Not the Left – When Driving?
Why do we yield to the right and not the left? Why, Why, WHY!? For example, say you have a 4-way stop and these two vehicles stop at the same time, and both want to go straight. If we yield to…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Is It Illegal to Drive with High Beams?
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?