Q: Is It Illegal if you car doesn’t have Windshield Wipers in British Columbia?
Yes, motor vehicles that are “equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a device which is effective for clearing rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield.” (BC Motor Vehicle Act)
What are some other things vehicles are legally required to have?
– a muffler!
– mirrors (at least driver’s side and rear- view)
– a Horn
– an unobstructed view out the front windshield
And just for fun, this one:
“Riding in house trailer prohibited
(5) No person shall be on or in a trailer used for living accommodation while it is moving on a highway.” (Motor Vehicle Act)
Aww man. No driving your house down the road! Too bad!!
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Lane Changing Tips
- School and Playground Zones
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?