Q: Right Turns without Stop Signs (Right of way basics) & Right Turn Shoulder Checking
Q: What is the proper procedure for right turns without stop signs? Usually if you’re turning right and you do not have a stop sign (or red light), then it means: you’re turning right into a driveway, parking lot, or lane (alley). you’re turning…
Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
Tip #1: Shift into Reverse FIRST The first thing you should always do when you’re about to reverse or park is (after checking the mirror and signalling), shift your vehicle into reverse gear This sounds obvious, but this is important because it will active the…
Is Your Vehicle Ready for the ICBC Road Test?
ICBC is fairly strict in terms of your vehicle’s condition. It must be be safe and meet legal requirements. Check your vehicle before the road test and make sure it’s ready. Here are some common reasons why ICBC cancels a road test due to vehicle…
Q: Should I Keep my Tires Straight when Waiting to Turn Left?
YES, Please do. If you’re rear-ended while waiting, and your tires and vehicle are straight, then your vehicle will be pushed straight ahead (not the end of the world). If your vehicle and/or tires are turned, you may be pushed into oncoming traffic in the…
Q: At 4-way-stops, do I have to Wait for the Other Car to Stop Before I can Go?
Question : I arrive first at the for way stop. There is another car in the opposite direction approaching the intersection. Do I have to wait for this car to arrive to the intersection and stop at the stop sign or should I go ahead…
Q: Is It Illegal to Drive while High?
It is illegal to drive while impaired, including driving while impaired by alcohol and drugs (legal or illegal). I’ve also read numerous times that driving after being awake for 30 hours is the same as driving drunk. Being impaired may also include other conditions, such…
Q: In BC is a Driveway Considered an Intersection?
No, entrances to driveways, lanes (alley) and parking lots are not considered intersections from a legal standpoint. These places are simply an entrance onto private (or public) property. See these posts for more info: Q: Is it illegal to back out of my driveway? Q:…
Driving Question: Is it illegal to Not Signal When Merging?
Yes, you are legally required to signal BEFORE merging. Merging onto a highway is technically the same manoeuvre as a lane change (you’re just driving faster). Signals are important in this case to warn traffic that you’re planning a movement, especially during those instances where…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Is It Illegal to Drive with High Beams?
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?