Q: ‘Left Turn Arrow Delayed’ Road Sign
Question Time! Question: Is it legal to make a left turn, when clear, if it says ‘Turning vehicles delayed arrow’? ‘Left Turns Delayed’ I’m not sure how to answer this other than to say this is merely a friendly yellow sign that offers you some additional…
Useful Tips To Teach Your Teen To Drive
By Dave Herron If you are approaching that time in life when you are facing the prospect of teaching your teenager to drive, you are facing a daunting task. You will need to start preparing early; very early! These steps will be useful in teaching…
Manual Transmission – How To Drive Stick Shift
By Kevin Nicholson Scared about learning to drive manual? Just got a new car with manual and are having a hard time learning how to drive it? This guide will get you started. First rule of driving manual transmissions: When you are unsure what to…
Too Much Honking Even For a Goose
By Alan Sidorov | It seems there are two kinds of drivers, those who use their car horns sparingly and those whose fingers never seem to leave the noisemaker buttons. I readily admit to preferring the former over the latter. It’s not that the horn doesn’t…
Autopilot Is No Excuse to Stop Paying Attention!
If you’re someone interested in cars, technology or both, you’re probably aware of the recent hype surrounding the autopilot feature many luxury cars are offering. It claims to park cars automatically and reduce the input required of drivers to a minimum during the long…
Driving Tip: Always Use Your Headlights In Tunnels
Ever noticed the sign on the highway advising you to turn on your headlights thru the tunnel? This is not necessarily only so your lights may illuminate the road for you; although yes this is a very smart idea when driving anywhere your…
Difference Between ‘No Parking’ And ‘No Stopping’ Road Signs
No stopping means no stopping Opposite of a stop sign In other words… ‘KEEP IT MOVING’ No parking means do not park the car, turn it off, take the keys out and walk away ..but you could STOP your car to load/unload passengers…
How Many Hidden Stop Signs Are In This Picture?
‘Hidden’ Stop Signs? All drivers – new drivers especially – should be aware that stop signs can “hide” behind trucks as well as overgrown bushes/shrubs. Keep your eyes constantly moving when driving and look for clues that there’s an intersection. …
Q: Can I Go Around a Cyclist to Turn Right at a Red Traffic Light?
Question about Bikes and Right Turns It would be great if you could tell what the law is for cyclists and cars when meeting at stop lights. Specifically I want to know if a car is entitled, allowed, to drive around a cyclist at a…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Is It Illegal to Drive with High Beams?
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?