If You Fail Your Novice Driver’s Test in BC, What Will Happen?
Failing the ‘N’ Road Test
Q: I currently have a novice license and am about to sit my next road test, I was just wondering what happens if you fail the road test is your novice license revoked and do you start from scratch or do you receive the novice license back and simple book another test? The reason I ask is that I have a habit of getting nervous during road tests which caused me to fail my novice test 5 times.
It’s not the end of the world!!
Generally you just get your license back so that you can keep practicing and learning. You won’t have your license taken away just for failing a road test (although, there may be different rules for seniors doing re-exams and for people with licenses from other countries). I believe you have to wait 2 weeks before being able to do the road test again.
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Signalling in a Parking Lot
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?