ICBC’s Learner and New Driver Restrictions – Get the Facts

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “ICBC’s Learner and New Driver Restrictions – Get the Facts”.

685 Comments

1. Surya March 14, 2017 at 9:46 am

hello, any one knows, what are the consequences for L driver involved in an crash at parking place with out Supervisor ?

Thanks.

2. Robert Tarcea March 9, 2017 at 6:35 am

Hello,
    If I were to tow a trailer with my L licence, where would I place the L sign? On the car? On the trailer? Or both?
    Thank you.

1. BCDrivingBlog March 9, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Hello! The sign needs to be visible to the cars/drivers who are traveling behind you. So put it wherever it is that the people behind you can see it. 😉

3. jenny March 5, 2017 at 9:18 pm

what do u do with people that drives with an L with no superviser in the car

1. Valerie Woolgar Harms April 9, 2017 at 2:39 pm

they have to have a supervisor or they will be pulled over and fined

4. Ana March 2, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I have my N can I register a recreational trailer (rv) that weights 4650lb ?

5. Natalie March 2, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Hello, I have a question. I have just got my L License and My husband who has got the Class5 License is my supervisor. So we want to rent a car to go shopping. My husband could rent one car by using his license but if I want to drive (he would seat by me without more people in the car), is it allowed for me to become the additional driver when renting? Thanks a lot!

1. BCDrivingBlog March 2, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I have no idea, you’d have to talk to the rental car company.

6. dave w March 1, 2017 at 10:24 am

can a new driver with an L drive a vehicle insured for business use with the person designated as the principal driver

7. oliver February 24, 2017 at 12:50 am

Hi, my wife received a ticket months a go for not turning into the inner most lane on a left turn, after receiving her N in October. Now she has just gotten a letter in the mail today saying she is on probation. Is there any way to fight this or appeal it? If she gets any violations will she be prohibited from driving?

1. Sarah February 28, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Hi Oliver..I have had a lot of experience in this area. I’m sorry to say there is no way to fight it and please just get her to do the time and DONT DRIVE! I got a speeding ticket 1month before my N 24 months was done…and 30 days later also got the letter for 3months prohibited driving. I did my time and then had to pay $250 no way around that and $31 for card again.

8. Robert Tarcea February 23, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Hello, I have my L right now and from what I understood, it is legal to tow a trailer with the N. Does this also apply to the L? Can I tow a trailer (I know, no more than 4,600kg) with my Learners licence?

9. Amanda February 18, 2017 at 5:38 pm

I just got my Learners and I was wondering if its really a huge deal if my supervisor is not 25? Will it be a big penalty?

1. BCDrivingBlog February 18, 2017 at 6:33 pm

You might get fines and points and that might lead to a prohibition of your license.

2. Michael Tong April 20, 2017 at 11:22 pm

if you get caught by the police with ur Learners an with out an supervisor U will get dermit points and fines also add on ur driving record hope that help 🙂