Q on Vancouver Intersection: Prior St. eastbound at Georgia Viaduct
Question : At a Y intersection, where a vehicle on the right arm of the Y has stopped for a red light, can that vehicle then proceed if there is no approaching traffic on the left arm of the Y. (for example, east bound traffic…
Question on blocking pedestrian crosswalks
Question : I have a question about crosswalks which have no traffic lights and where you are trying to turn on to a busier road. I know that I should stop before the crosswalk and wait for pedestrians to clear. Once they clear, I can…
Parking at a ‘T’ – or 3-way – intersection
Question : On a three way intersection where on the side of the through road has a lane available next to the curb for parking, would it be legal for me to park my car on that lane inside the intersection? According to the BC Motor…
Intersections: Pedestrian-Controlled Traffic Lights
Question : Scenerio: North and South have normal intersection traffic lights. East and West (this situation side street) have a stop sign. Does East West traffic not have an obligation to still stop at a stop sign before proceeding or does East West traffic…
‘Do Not Stop’ Sign Required: North Vancouver
We all know about stop signs, but what about ‘do not stop’ signs!? If I said that whenever you don’t have a stop sign, it means you don’t have to stop, I’d be lying. However, there are several places around the lower mainland where people…
Q: If 4 cars stop at a 4-way stop at the same time, who goes first?
I don’t know!!!! The 4-way stop intersection does not exist in the motor vehicle act, so we must use our best judgment and be cautious and courteous at 4-way stops, as the rules for stop signs indicate that you not proceed until you know it…
Q: Is It Illegal to Coast Down a Hill in Neutral in British Columbia?
Yes, this is illegal! Don’t Do It. BC Motor Vehicle Act. Coasting down grade 197 When travelling down grade a driver must not coast with the gears of the vehicle in neutral or the clutch disengaged. Why do you think this is so? Maybe because…
Q: Where is it Illegal to Park a Car in BC?
It is illegal to park the car: where the curb is painted yellow on the ‘wrong’ side of the road i.e. against traffic direction where your vehicle obstructs the view of a stop sign or other traffic sign on a bridge in a highway tunnel…
Q: Is It Illegal To Drive With One Hand Only On the Steering Wheel?
No, it’s not illegal as there is no law written against it. However, it is highly recommended to drive with two hands on the wheel for proper control of the vehicle, especially during sudden or unexpected situations or emergencies. Often those two seconds it takes…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?