Q: Turning Left Over Yellow Highway Lines – (1300 block Alberni Highway)
Q: Hello our office is in the 1300 block of the Alberni Hwy on Vancouver Island. There have been two accidents within a few months of each other. One serious and the other not as bad but the car did end up rear ended in…
Question About ‘No Stopping’ Road Signs
Do Not Stop Where? Q: Hi, what is the difference between ‘no stop’ sign with no arrows, ‘no stop’ sign with left arrow, ‘no stop’ sign with right arrow and ‘no stop’ sign with both arrows? If there is a no stop sign does…
Driving Question about Lasik, Corrective Eye Surgery, ICBC & Removing Restriction 21
Eye Surgery and Driving License Q: I recently got a Lasik surgery. I don’t need to wear glasses or contact lenses to drive. How can I get the restriction 21 (corrective lenses required) removed? And what are the steps and fees? Thanks. Evaluation…
Question About New Driver Tickets – Drive Without Consideration
Driving Without Consideration Q: Hi there. I recently got in a bad collision and was given a ticket for “driving without consideration” . This is the only ticket I got – does it affect my N permit? The Penalty It looks to…
Q: New Driver and Speeding, Tickets, Prohibitions, Road Tests
Q: I’m a New Driver, and getting my license in November. I got a speeding ticket in November and got put on probation. Now I just got another ticket in July, so did I automatically just get my license suspended or terminated? And if I…
Everything You Wanted to Know About The Fast Lane, Slow Lane, Right Lane, & Wrong Lane
I couldn’t help but notice in the news recently, Vancouver Police welcome crackdown on left-lane bandits. Bandits? ban·dit noun plural noun: bandits a robber or outlaw belonging to a gang and typically stealing left lanes from other people and operating in an isolated or lawless area….
Bike lanes & right turns
This can be a confusing subject for many new drivers but it is easier if you keep in mind a few basics: It is illegal to change lanes across a solid white line, so keep this in mind before and after turning right. Road signs…
Q: Do I ‘have to’ remove my sunglasses when driving through a tunnel?
Q: A friend of mine, who wears tinted prescription glasses (she is albino and hypersensitive to light) was finger-wagged by a friendly RCMP officer while driving through the Massey Tunnel. Some sources I have read say that even prescription sunglasses are “supposed” to be swapped…
Q: How many cars can wait in an intersection for left turns?
Good question. The answer is: well, it depends on the size of the intersection and the size of the vehicles. Basic Turning Left Concepts If you enter an intersection when a light is green, then you’re allowed to leave the intersection when…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- How To Drive Question: How can I do a hill start without rolling back in an automatic?
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?