Q: Turn Signal on behalf of the Car Ahead
Q: Someone I know uses the turn signal to signal if a car in front of us is turning. I say we shouldn’t because the vehicle behind us will then expect us to turn. We should only signal what we are doing in our vehicle, correct? That…
Bike lanes & right turns
This can be a confusing subject for many new drivers but it is easier if you keep in mind a few basics: It is illegal to change lanes across a solid white line, so keep this in mind before and after turning right. Road signs…
Q: Is there a road sign test to get your ‘N’?
Well technically NO. But when you think about it, if you’re on your road test, driving down the road, and you have no idea what any of the signs mean, then the examiner is bound to notice this wouldn’t you say. More importantly, once you…
New Driver Question: Do I have to shoulder check before entering a turning lane?
Generally this is a good idea as entering a turning lane is somewhat similar to a lane change and so all of the necessary precautions for lane changing should naturally apply. If you are checking your mirrors frequently you may question the need to throw…
Q: Do I ‘have to’ remove my sunglasses when driving through a tunnel?
Q: A friend of mine, who wears tinted prescription glasses (she is albino and hypersensitive to light) was finger-wagged by a friendly RCMP officer while driving through the Massey Tunnel. Some sources I have read say that even prescription sunglasses are “supposed” to be swapped…
Turn signals – a reminder to ‘trust no one’
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: just because a turn signal is on, doesn’t mean anything. Wait and see if the turn signal indicated on the car is the movement the driver is ACTUALLY planning to make; this may involve some patience…
And the most dangerous parking lot in Metro Vancouver for pedestrians is…
Did you know that parking lots are the second most common place where collisions occur, after intersections? ICBC has released a list of the most dangerous parking lots for pedestrians between 2008 and 2012. A statement from Concorde security on precautions that drivers should take: “Before…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?