Rant on Exiting Intersections on Yellow/Red (for new drivers)
Q: I just failed my N road test because my instructor said I was not going the speed limit of 50km/h. I was maintaining speed of 45-48 on city roads because it was rush hour and there was alot of traffic. He also said I got a violation…
Red lights that stay red forever = Drivers must learn about traffic sensors!
Today I waited unnecessarily in a left-turn lane for 5 minutes ! Spread the word! It seems I will keep rambling about traffic sensors until the majority of people understand that they exist. If your traffic light is staying red FOREVER (Like in the video) it…
$109 fine for not displaying ‘N’ sign; driver then complains
This CBC news article is reporting a new driver received a ticket for not displaying his ‘N’ sign when he picked up his father in his father’s vehicle, who had had too much to drink. Now the new driver is angry at receiving the ticket. How…
‘Do Not Stop’ Sign Required: North Vancouver
We all know about stop signs, but what about ‘do not stop’ signs!? If I said that whenever you don’t have a stop sign, it means you don’t have to stop, I’d be lying. However, there are several places around the lower mainland where people…
How Not to Drive: Turning Left / Cutting Corner (video)
Is it that hard to turn a corner properly? Really? REALLY!?! Reference: DriveSmartBC: Cutting the Corner
Q: It’s Summer. Can I drive in Flip Flops?
Please Don’t! Driving is serious business and driving in flip flops has great potential for disaster. They can slip off in an instant – and in that instant someone could be killed. Wear proper driving shoes, or keep some in your vehicle. As an instructor,…
Driving Question: Should I Pull Into the Intersection When I’m Turning Left?
Entering the Intersection on Green Lights If you’re turning left on a Green Light, then Yes, you should pull into the intersection when you’re yielding to oncoming traffic and/or pedestrians. The only exception would be if there were no available space to turn into. This…
Driving Question: If there’s no traffic can I go through a red light?
No. This is the whole idea behind having traffic lights, isn’t it? Even if there is no traffic, you can not go straight through a red light (unless you’re at a red light that is located somewhere other than at an intersection, and you’ve stopped…
Q: Is It Illegal if you car doesn’t have Windshield Wipers in British Columbia?
Interesting question! Yes, motor vehicles that are “equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a device which is effective for clearing rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield.” (BC Motor Vehicle Act) Motor Vehicle Act What are some other things vehicles are…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Lane Changing Tips
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Is It Illegal to Drive with High Beams?
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?