Driving Question about Lasik, Corrective Eye Surgery, ICBC & Removing Restriction 21
Eye Surgery and Driving License Q: I recently got a Lasik surgery. I don’t need to wear glasses or contact lenses to drive. How can I get the restriction 21 (corrective lenses required) removed? And what are the steps and fees? Thanks. Evaluation…
Q: Main and Kingsway
Question : Scenario: Going North on Main St, stop at light until green, and when safe, proceed to make a right turn onto Kingsway. Although this particular intersection is an awkward right turn, however there are no restrictions listed on intersection lights(except no left turn)….
How Not to Drive: Turning Left / Cutting Corner (video)
Is it that hard to turn a corner properly? Really? REALLY!?! Reference: DriveSmartBC: Cutting the Corner
Tips for Staying Awake While Driving
OK, I know this sounds like bad advice… How to stay awake while driving. If you’re tired, you should sleep, shouldn’t you? If you’re tired, you should not drive. In a perfect world, everyone would park and have nap as soon as they felt tired….
Q: Is It Illegal if you car doesn’t have Windshield Wipers in British Columbia?
Interesting question! Yes, motor vehicles that are “equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a device which is effective for clearing rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield.” (BC Motor Vehicle Act) Motor Vehicle Act What are some other things vehicles are…
Q: Can you drive across Lines in a Parking Lot?
I don’t think there’s a law against it…. Should you? That’s the question. Parking lots come in as the second most common place where collisions occur (after intersections). These aren’t collisions where cars are bursting into flames. But, reducing or eliminating these would be nice….
How to Read & Understand your ICBC Road Test Results
No more demerit system Gone are the days of demerits. These days when you go for a road test in BC, you receive this very complicated-looking piece of paper with many small boxes. I’m a bit rusty on some of the exact details but…
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- How To Drive Question: How can I do a hill start without rolling back in an automatic?
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?