What is a Crosswalk? Are you Sure?
What is a Crosswalk Exactly? It seems there is a bit of confusion around this subject so I’m hoping to make some sense today. Firstly, here’s the legal definition from the BC motor vehicle act: (Motor Vehicle Act) “crosswalk” means (a) a portion of…
Video: I’m Afraid of Stopping for Pedestrians
Just a Friday confession: I’m afraid of stopping for pedestrians on multi-lane roads. Not sure what to do about it since not stopping for them isn’t really the solution. New safer formula for pedestrians crossing: 1) Slow down and stop 2) See which other cars aren’t…
And the most dangerous parking lot in Metro Vancouver for pedestrians is…
Did you know that parking lots are the second most common place where collisions occur, after intersections? ICBC has released a list of the most dangerous parking lots for pedestrians between 2008 and 2012. A statement from Concorde security on precautions that drivers should take: “Before…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Signalling in a Parking Lot
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Lane Changing Tips
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?