Q: Do I have to signal when passing a left-turning vehicle?
Question : This is a (possibly stupid) question about indicating, but I cannot find a definitive answer. Should you indicate if passing a car on the right (for example, when they are stopped to make a left turn)? At a lot of intersections, a single…
Intersection Q: Red lights with green arrows (for new drivers)
Q: I’ve read that if a green arrow is shown with a red light, you can go in the direction of the arrow if the way is clear. I haven’t come across this red-light-and-green-arrow situation yet while driving, and I’m unsure if you’re supposed to…
One big lane, splitting into two little lanes
Q: When I turn right from No. 2 road onto River Road, there is a wide single lane. After a short while, it splits into a left turn & a ‘go straight’ lane. Should I use the middle lane position if I want go straight? One…
Bike lanes & right turns
This can be a confusing subject for many new drivers but it is easier if you keep in mind a few basics: It is illegal to change lanes across a solid white line, so keep this in mind before and after turning right. Road signs…
Q: Is there a road sign test to get your ‘N’?
Well technically NO. But when you think about it, if you’re on your road test, driving down the road, and you have no idea what any of the signs mean, then the examiner is bound to notice this wouldn’t you say. More importantly, once you…
New Driver Question: Do I have to shoulder check before entering a turning lane?
Generally this is a good idea as entering a turning lane is somewhat similar to a lane change and so all of the necessary precautions for lane changing should naturally apply. If you are checking your mirrors frequently you may question the need to throw…
Q: How can you tell if there will be a turning lane?
Start by looking for these magical signs hanging before intersections:
Q: How many cars can wait in an intersection for left turns?
Good question. The answer is: well, it depends on the size of the intersection and the size of the vehicles. Basic Turning Left Concepts If you enter an intersection when a light is green, then you’re allowed to leave the intersection when…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Q: Should you stop at the Stop Sign or the Stop Line?
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Q: Signalling in a Parking Lot
- Lane Changing Tips
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?