Driving Away? Summer Road Trip Check List
Here are some ideas for summer road trips… Depending on how far you’re going, you may find some of these items not necessary. Good to think about it though. – Driving a camper? Make sure your vehicle is secure and your cargo is not…
Q: Is It Illegal if you car doesn’t have Windshield Wipers in British Columbia?
Interesting question! Yes, motor vehicles that are “equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a device which is effective for clearing rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield.” (BC Motor Vehicle Act) Motor Vehicle Act What are some other things vehicles are…
Road Sign: Grade (%) Slope
Ever wondered what this road sign means? Basically it means that for every 100 units (km, for example) you go straight, you decline by 8 units (km). Check out this post for the mathematical explanation! Even if you don’t get into the math, you can…
Fun with Traffic Sensors & Left Turning Lanes
Many left turn lanes in Vancouver are quite long and are equipped with 2 sets of traffic sensors. This means if there’s only 1 car waiting in the left turn lane when the light is red, then the car will not get the advanced…
Dempster Highway (part 3: almost at the end of the road)
When I say “The end of the road” I’m talking Inuvik, NWT, but in the winter, you can keep driving on an ice road, even further! But it was June. If you keep driving on the Dempster, you’ll have to take…
Q: Can I Turn Left Across Yellow Line(s) Into a Driveway?
The short answer: Maybe From the ICBC Drive Smart manual: Notice how it doesn’t say “Do not turn left” when it’s talking about the road lines. These look legal: You can also reverse out of your driveway over lines, as long as you…
Q: How Many Vehicles Can I Park in my Driveway?
Are we talking about Smart Cars, or Lincoln Navigators? Your driveway is private property so you can park as many as you want (or should I say, as many as you can fit. If you run out of room you can start parking them on…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Lane Changing Tips
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- How to Park Your Car on a Hill Safely
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?