Learning, Teaching, Driving – Chronicles of Alex [Hours 00-02]
Alex is learning how to drive! Join her as she navigates through the process. The goal: To get the “N” before the end of January, 2016. Goal for driving experience: 3 times per week of practice to a total of at least 60 hours Date: Sunday, October 04, 2015…
Question About ‘No Stopping’ Road Signs
Do Not Stop Where? Q: Hi, what is the difference between ‘no stop’ sign with no arrows, ‘no stop’ sign with left arrow, ‘no stop’ sign with right arrow and ‘no stop’ sign with both arrows? If there is a no stop sign does…
Driving Question About White – Stopping? – Line at Willingdon & Beresford Intersection, Burnaby
Is a White Line Always a Stopping Line? Q: Tell me please, should a driver stop before stop line if there is no traffic light or a stop sign? For example, on an intersection. When you are heading to the north on Willingdon on…
If You Fail Your Novice Driver’s Test in BC, What Will Happen?
Failing the ‘N’ Road Test Q: I currently have a novice license and am about to sit my next road test, I was just wondering what happens if you fail the road test is your novice license revoked and do you start from scratch…
Question About New Driver Tickets – Drive Without Consideration
Driving Without Consideration Q: Hi there. I recently got in a bad collision and was given a ticket for “driving without consideration” . This is the only ticket I got – does it affect my N permit? The Penalty It looks to…
Q: How do I know I’m in a Residential Speed Zone?
Residential Area Speed Limit Hi there! I have a question: what else besides houses on both sides makes a residential area, residential (30km)? I’m having issues with that. Does the yellow line in between make the difference ? Meaning if it has the yellow…
Question: Can a Learner Driver in British Columbia Tow a Trailer?
You can drive anything with your L, that an N is allowed to drive, as long as you’re following all of the restrictions/conditions. So, that’ means Yes, you can drive : • Two-axle vehicles including cars, vans, trucks and tow trucks • Trailers…
Q: ICBC Hazard Perception
Hazards while driving? Question from Taylor: Apart from the hazards listed above what else could there be on a residential street? I was sure I listed 5 that I thought was reasonable but apparently I got one right. Is there stock answers that examiners…
Q: When can you turn after waiting for Pedestrians?
Q: When a pedestrian is crossing do you have to wait for them to cross all the way to the other side before you proceed? Great question! It seems to me that different people have different opinions about this subject, and since there is no…
A Road Test Experience and Tips from a Student Driver #2
Submitted by ‘KK’ I had my test today in Surrey. It was my first try but unfortunately I didn’t make it. I did great on the things I was scared of messing up in but screwed up on the most obvious thing which ended up…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Lane Changing Tips
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- How to Park Your Car on a Hill Safely
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?