Modified “Slow Down & Move Over” Law In Effect January 1, 15 British Columbia
A reminder to drivers that effective January 1, 2015 the updated Slow Down & Move Over law will come into effect. This means drivers are legally required to move over to another lane if available and slow their vehicle whenever vehicles flashing a red, blue,…
Q: Left turn arrow – right lane right of way
Q: I am turning left on a left-turn green arrow with a green light on to a two lane street and want to immediately be in the right lane because I want to turn right at the next block. I have my right turn indicator…
Q: Almost everywhere in BC where there’s a little black-and-white sign under a stop sign that says “X-way” (the “X” is usually “4”), it means precisely that there are “X” streets entering the intersection, and that all “X” of them have stop signs. I’ve seen…
Driving: British Columbia Roundabout Demo Video
Roundabouts are not complicated. Check for signs and road marking, not all roundabouts are the same Yield to anyone already in the circle, this includes bikes and pedestrians Use your right turn signal before you leave For more information, check out: The…
Q: What is a Through Street?
According to the Act, “through highway” means a highway or part of a highway at the entrances to which stop signs are erected under this Act; Generally when people say through street it means a street along which the traffic has the right of way over vehicles entering…
Safe Driving: Turning into the correct lane [is important] Boundary and Marine
Question : I have a question regarding an intersection in Vancouver, more specifically, the intersection of Marine Way and Boundary Road at the southeastern tip of Vancouver. The other day, I was turning left from Marine Way eastbound onto Boundary Road northbound. I was in…
Changing Lanes In an Intersection – Why you shouldn’t
Q: Is it legal to change lanes in an intersection in BC? There is no law that says you can’t lane change inside an intersection This is a common question among drivers. There is no law that says you can’t lane change inside…
Q: Do I have to signal when passing a left-turning vehicle?
Question : This is a (possibly stupid) question about indicating, but I cannot find a definitive answer. Should you indicate if passing a car on the right (for example, when they are stopped to make a left turn)? At a lot of intersections, a single…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?