Q: When can you turn after waiting for Pedestrians?
Q: When a pedestrian is crossing do you have to wait for them to cross all the way to the other side before you proceed? Great question! It seems to me that different people have different opinions about this subject, and since there is no…
Q: New Driver and Speeding, Tickets, Prohibitions, Road Tests
Q: I’m a New Driver, and getting my license in November. I got a speeding ticket in November and got put on probation. Now I just got another ticket in July, so did I automatically just get my license suspended or terminated? And if I…
A Road Test Experience and Tips from a student driver
Hello everyone! So I took my road test yesterday in Burnaby but unfortunately I didn’t make it. Main reason was because I missed a playground and I went 46 on a 30 zone. Also, I didn’t do a full 360 when I did my straight…
Driving Question : Can I Reverse Out of Driveway Across Solid Yellow Line(s) ?
Q: Can I back out of my driveway across double yellow lines? There is no specific law against this. You are required to make sure it is safe before you reverse and while reversing, and to avoid impeding traffic. Please consider the much safer option of…
Q: Can a New Driver Rent a Car? (Potential Options)
Honestly it looks like slim pickings if you are a young, new driver and are looking for alternatives to purchasing a vehicle and relying on public transit. Here’s what I could find after a very quick search: MODO Requirements MODO You need to be at…
Driving Question: Can You Break the Law for an Emergency Vehicle?
Q: Hi, let’s say an emergency vehicle with its lights flashing and/or sirens on wants to get through but they cannot do so unless you get out of its way. (The traffic is very heavy and there is no shoulder either) Are you legally allowed…
Q: Cars flying through the intersection when the traffic signals are out
A recent rollover at the end of the Georgia viaduct caused a power cut to a number of intersections and I was curious about the dark-traffic-light rule. Common advice seems to be to treat the intersection as a 4-way stop, but what should you do…
Q: Standard car rolling backwards on a hill / Space between vehicles when stopped
Question: When stopped on a hill while driving a car with a manual transmission there is always a chance of some roll back. If your car does roll back and hits the car behind you, who would be at fault? Do you need to leave…
Emerging from a lane, driveway, or parking lot
Question : Hi, I am not sure if I understand this tip: Did you know that you’re supposed to stop completely and treat as you have a stop sign, before any sidewalk? like when exiting a parking lot, lane (back alley) or driveway? This may…
- Pass Your Driving Test Now! Endless Tips for New Drivers
- Top 8 Tips for Reversing and Backing a Car
- ICBC's Learner and New Driver Restrictions - Get the Facts
- 8 Things to Remember about Turning Right on a Green Light
- Parking Your Car In the Proper Gear - Standard and Automatic Vehicles
- Q: Basic Right or Left Turns Not Awesome? How to Stop Cutting Corners and Turning Wide
- Hand Signals for Driving
- Lane Changing Tips
- 10+ Juicy Tips to Turn Left at a Traffic Light Safely
- How to Hold [and NOT hold] Your Steering Wheel
- Question: Driving Without Passenger Side Mirror
- BC Driving Blog Most Popular Content Since The Beginning of Time
- Check Your Truck Awareness
- Question On Caulfield Highway Exit ‘4-Way-Stop Intersection’ – West Vancouver
- Right Turn at W King Edward and MacDonald
- Question: Can I take my B.C. road test using a vehicle with an Alberta license plate?
- Tips for Driving & Road Testing With Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Q: I have my ‘N’ – Can my supervisor be drunk?